I have kept journals for 9 years and so its surprising that I should only discover blogging as a new format of journal writing. It's about time I embrace it and see if its as fun.




Monday 1 April 2013

My First Illustration Friday

Last Friday I popped on over to Illustration Friday which is a blog that encourages you to do artwork based on the theme of the week. When I was there the theme was "Swim" which was perfect because I had literally just painted a turtle. So I was ready, wrote my blog up and uploaded my pictures, then I refreshed the IF blog.... They had changed the subject, oops. I obviously caught the very end of the last one. Haha, not to worry the new theme is "Egg" which I thought was good. I've only tried out zentangle a few times and I'll admit I've not been too happy with my results. So throughout all the trades I've had recently I studied some of the patterns and why they looked good, certain shading techniques etc.
 
For my entry I covered the ATC in water and dabbed blotches of blue and green which has a nice ripple effect. Card warped horribly so had to press it back into submission! Then I made an egg - in this case it's an Easter Egg. I actually did three at once, but given that I could only send one image to the theme I've chosen my favourite one. The one I did last, perhaps by this point I'd learnt what worked. I am proud to say this is one of my better zentangles. Once my baby is born I'll probably trade these!
 
Tangled Easter Egg ACEO - Watercolour and Pen
 
Go on over to Illustration Friday, they have lots of neat artwork on display, very inspirational :)

5 comments:

  1. Very nice zen tangle egg, I really like the black line work contrasting soft background! Thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for joining Illustration Friday! I've spent an awful lot of time there in the last year, and met so many neat folks! Lovely blues and greens in your egg. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was only allowed to provide 1 egg for the Friday and I chose my favourite, I did two others, 1 multi coloured and the other reds and yellows. I intend to put them on ATC finally.

      Delete
  3. wow, so detailed and I love the colours! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-39710798-1