I have kept journals for 9 years and so its surprising that I should only discover blogging as a new format of journal writing. It's about time I embrace it and see if its as fun.




Sunday 27 July 2014

Cheese Trees and Beached Hippos

YES - an abnormal title for abnormal art!!!

I have started a new swap over at ATCSforall and I decided to try and create a truely random set of cards. My aim was to have three seperate list of themes and to choose randomly from each one of them to try and draw on a tiny ATC.

So here is my first one - Beached Hippos find themselves amidst a desert of rainbow melting cactus!

2.5" x 3.5" Original ACEO - Hippos beached rainbow cactus
This can be found on Ebay here.



And my second one - Giraffe wonders around on the moon and finds a rainbow igloo amongst the cheese trees. (I loved drawing the cheese trees and also igloos have become one of my favorite things to draw!

2.5" x 3.5" Original ACEO - Giraffe finds a rainbow igloo and cheese trees
This can be found on Ebay here.


I am really enjoying really surreal art because you can make the stories up afterwards - I do love the idea of cheese trees growing on the moon instead of the moon being made of cheese. So many ideas!!

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I can't believe it's taken me so long to get around to looking up your blog! I love your art and am so glad to have a piece of your art among my ATC's! :) (In the Style of Rosina Wachtmeister.) See you at ATC's for All, and I'm adding you to my blog list so I'll remember to visit often. Lisa aka plumhill2001. www.lisa-richards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-39710798-1